Looking for a reliable plumber? Well, it can be extremely difficult to get in touch with a good plumber and so, many people are hiring non trained plumbers who know how to carry out their work properly.
Reasons to hire an emergency plumber in London
If you hire an inexperienced plumber, then you might end up in getting the plumbing work done in an unprofessional way. The severe damage caused by him is usually extensive and it can be quite challenging to get back your money as they may disappear anytime without leaving any trace. Poor plumbing works can be the reason for serious plumbing problems in your house and you may have to spend much more than expected. This can also have extensive damage to your property due to floods and pipeworks.
When this takes place, it might be very frustrating to deal with the damage that an inefficient plumber has done to your house. On the contrary, a good plumber feels pride in carrying out their work extensively and you will definitely be able to find out the difference between bad plumbing works and quality plumbing fixtures even without having any experience. Thus, if you had already dealt with bad plumbers and want to know how you can detect reliable plumbers, check out the list of common qualities that you will find in a qualified plumber.
- Proper accreditations of the plumber – Most often, bad plumbing work is all about boiler servicing that will put you in a risky situation when not done properly. This is the reason why you are highly susceptible to gas leakages and carbon monioxide poisoning. The certified gas engineers have necessary accreditations for backing up that they are well-qualified to do proper servicing, boiler fittings, necessary repairs and gas safe certifications.
In case your chosen plumber cannot offer you with necessary accreditations, it is suggested to search for a reputed company that can do so. This means they aren’t experienced or qualified to apply for it. You may get in touch with local plumbers who have proper accreditations and will advertise on their website to show customers that they are well-qualified to perform the work. When a plumber contacts you claiming that they can carry out boiler repair work but are not gas safe approved, do not hire them as they may out you at greater risk.
- Fixed pricing – If a plumber offers you with the right price after seeing your job, then this indicates he is trustworthy enough for you. Usually, bad plumbers will offer several quotes and when you refuse to pay or think the price is high, then they will increase the price. While they perform the plumbing works for you, inexperienced plumbers will often look for more things so that they can charge you more money. The fact is that they believe homeowners do not know of what they discuss about and if you find prices are adding up, then you must ask him immediately about them. It is suggested that you do not pay upfront fees to the plumber as this will provide them with the suitable opportunity to disappear quickly with your money. Make sure you wait till the work is done and of high quality.
- Well presented and on time – If your plumber arrives your place late almost everyday, this should be a warning sign. Plumbers who are reliable and offer quality work are actually punctual in their work and remain properly dressed. This means if your plumber has turned up in old clothes, then this might be an indication that they are not who they actually claim themselves. Most emergency plumbing businesses have a well-dressed uniform that allow them to stand out from their competitors and represent their own company.
If your plumber comes and goes at different times daily, then this is definitely unacceptable. In case they are not turning up at all, then this is also a warning sign. Bad plumbers usually imitate their quality of work in their behaviour and those who take pride in themselves provide quality plumbing work, are prompt and on time.
- Check the testimonials of past clients – You can understand the kind of work of a plumbing company by going through the testimonials of previous clients. Of couse, there will be some space for human errors and people sometimes need to act dramatically to get their work done properly. All plumbing companies won’t get good and positive reviews from the customers and you need to be extremely careful when choosing one for your purpose. Also, it does not mean in anyway that the plumbing company you have chosen will not have any negative reviews from previous customers. They can yet be trustworthy as different people will have different reviews.
- Do not leave any kind of mess – If you are staying as a guest in someone’s house, then it is necessary to carry out plumbing maintenance works from the professionals only. You should treat the property with utmost care like you would have done for your own home. This will consist of cleaning up the space properly and avoid making a mess of any kind to keep it clean and tidy.
A good plumber will always make it a point to leave the workstation in a way as if they had never been there whether it is for boiler installations or general plumbing works. Thus, hiring a qualified plumber will always ensure that it is cleaned up properly and you can perform your works in the most efficient way.