Raksha bandhan is festival, which is celebrated in various ways. The festival is all about siblings. All the sisters tie beautiful rakhi’s on the brother’s wrist and pray for their well-being. In return, the brother promises to protect the sister in any circumstances. The festival comes in Shravans month according to Hindu calendar and on a full moon. The occasion is prominently celebrated in the northern part of India. Though it is celebrated everywhere but UP, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan these states have a common way of practicing.
Even in modern era, the occasion holds it significance and the brothers and sisters celebrate it together with Happy Raksha bandhan gifts. When they cannot meet then they prefer buying gifts from online sites. And, this is what is going to happen this year because of Covid-19. So let us peek on some best rakhi gift ideas.
- Rakhi preparations start way in advance, when the sister prepares a beautiful rakhi pooja thali, along with sweets, and gifts for her beloved brother. As last minute preparations get messy and then you are sure to miss out on something or the other. You will find plethora of rakhi gift for brother.
- At times materialistic things do not matter much, and what matters is the sentiment and feeling attached to the gift. Even a simple gift can be very special and satisfying to the heart. Try handmade rakhi or mauli rakhi, rudhraksha rakhi. These rakhi’s are simple but it conveys your love and care for your brother. It also has a sense of protection and trust that the sister has for his brother.
- Personalised rakhi, can be attractive, as you can get your brother’s name printed or you can choose a photo and can get printed on it.
- If your brother is younger to you, you can look for kid rakhi and order rakhi with chocolates for your little brother.
- The occasion is celebrated in presence of the elders and their blessings, the ritual starts with lighting a diya and the sister does arti of the brother, puts ‘Tilak’ on his forehead and ties rakhi and offers him sweet, chocolates or dry fruits.
- If your brother and you have fond memories of childhood with chocolates then you may buy him ferrero rochers chocolates or silk chocolate and recall your golden period.
- Brothers also visit sister’s house if she is married and takes sweets along with him to celebrate the occasion like kaju katli, gulab jamun.
- If the sister is living in some other city and is not able to be present for the celebration, then she sends rakhi with dry fruits delivery at her brother’s place and makes it an extraordinary celebration. You can choose same day rakhi delivery.
In modern era the festival is gone beyond the brother and sister relation and is now spread to other relations too, like sister in law, the brother’s wife. So now your celebration is extended to your bhaiya and bhabhi so you may order for bhaiya bhabhi rakhi sets, which are also known as lumba rakhi and buy rakhi with sweets. This custom is beautiful as even her well being is important when it comes to the entire family. Grab the opportunity and start preparing to make the celebration joyful and colourful this year. Since, 2020 is a year where it may be difficult for brothers and sisters who stay far away to meet each other because of the pandemic, but anyways they can surprise each other by sending wonderful gifts through online platforms.