Whenever on any of your Windows device there is a Block variable or an Object variable not set, then it will show a Runtime Error 91. The main reason behind this error is DCOMCnfg.exe file which is a major factor in setting up system-wide security settings alongside configure permissions. In any such case whenever any of these files fails or gets corrupted, then Runtime Error 91 occurred indication consecutively popup on the screen. Below we have provided certain ways to recover or fix this common asset of various users, make sure you read the ways carefully to get the best outcomes.
Install Problematic App Again
If you would like to install a problematic app again, then abide by the given steps.
- Go to the Windows search and input Control Panel into it.
- Then hit the Enter key.
- You should select the Programs option
- Thereafter, go to the Uninstall a program.
- You have to choose the application, and right-click on it then choose the Uninstall option within the list.
- After this, install the application again and check if that helps to repair the Runtime Error 91.
Update the Windows
If you wish to update the Windows, then pursue the given instructions.
- Navigate to the Start key, and right-click on it then choose the Settings option.
- You should click on the Update and Security option.
- Then go to the Check for updates option.
- You have to wait for until the Windows downloads and installs all needed updates.
- Now, restart the system.
Scan the Machine for Malware
If you would like to scan the machine for malware, then abide by the given steps.
- Navigate to the ‘system tray arrow’ and twice click on the Windows Security button on your system.
- You should click on the ‘Virus and threat protection’.
- Then select the Scan options and click on the scan now option.
Set DCOMCnfg.exe to be Permitted to Perform by Everyone
- Navigate to the Windows search and input ‘DCOMCnfg.exe’ into it then hit the Enter key.
- You should go to the Component Services screen, expand the pursuing: Component Services and then select Computers and choose the Properties option.
- Go to My Computer and right-click on it.
- You have to choose the Properties option.
- Then choose the COM Security button and below the Access Permissions select the Edit Limits option.
- Now, select the Everyone option within the groups and ensure that Local and Remote Access is set to Allow.
Provide Full Control for FRxXMLTag.XML File
If you would like to provide full control for FRxXMLTag.XML file, then abide by the given steps.
- Perform the Windows as administrator on your system.
- Go to the Windows Explorer search to FRx directory.
- You should reach the FRxXMLTag.XML file and right-click on it then choose the Properties option.
- In the Properties section click on the Security button.
- Navigate to the Security button and add the group Everyone and chooses the Full Control option.
- Now, click on OK.
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Epson printer support and many other printer-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.