Several users have reported forums about Stack overflow line 20 error that occurs in their internet browser. This issue usually arises when people try to log in to unsafe websites. In case your system also possesses the same error, then it is highly suggested to check out the given instructions. With such methods, you can easily overcome the problem and access to sites again conveniently.
Turn off ActiveX Scripting
If you would like to turn off the ActiveX scripting, then abide by the given steps.
- The reason behind this error might be browser scripts, disabling ActiveX scripting might guide repair the error of Stack overflow line.
- Reach the search section by pressing Win + S keys at once on your keyboard.
- Enter ‘Inter Options’ within the search section.
- You should click on the Internet Options to launch the screen in the snapshot straightly under.
- Go to the Security button and click on it.
- Choose the Internet option and select the Custom level tab.
- You have to move down to Scripting options.
- Then choose the Disable option for the option Active Scripting.
- You should click on the OK tab to shut the screen.
- Finally, hold the Apply tab to verify the settings.
Reset the Internet Explorer
If you wish to reset the Internet Explorer, then pursue the given instructions.
- Explorer users frequently encounter the issue, so you can try to reset the browser for fixing it.
- Launch Internet Options screen by selecting the gear tab in IE and choosing Internet options.
- You should choose the Advanced button shown straightly below.
- Then go to the Reset tab and click on it.
- You have to choose the option Delete personal settings on the dialogue section that launches.
- Navigate to the Reset tab again and press it.
- Now, select the Close tab.
Perform a Malwarebytes Scan
The error can be due to spyware. To remove spyware, perform a scan of Malwarebytes. You should select the Download Free tab for Windows on the site of Malwarebytes to store the setup wizard for that program.
You have to install the Malwarebytes using its setup wizard, open it, and then select Scan Now tab to start the scan process.
Upgrade Java Version
Don’t forget that you have the newest version of Java. You should click on the Verify Java version tab on the site of Java to check that. In case you don’t have the newest version, reach the ‘Agree and Start Free Download’ tab on the page of Java download. After that, launch and go via the Java installer to install the newest version.
Turn off Script Debugging
If you would like to turn off the Script debugging, then abide by the given steps.
- You should be able to disable the script debugging warnings for the error of Stack overflow line to make sure that they don’t prompt.
- Enter the ‘Internet Options’ in the search box of Windows.
- Then click on the Internet Options to launch that screen.
- You have to click on the Advanced button.
- After that, tick the box of ‘Disable script debugging (Internet Options).
- Thereafter, choose the setting of ‘Disable script debugging (others).
- You should uncheck the box of ‘Display a notification about every script error’ if checked.
- Later, mark the box of ‘Enable automatic crash recovery.’
- Now, click on the Apply button and choose the OK options.
Emily Watson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on HP printer support and many other related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.