APEDA stand for Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority. In India it is managed by the central government. The main object of APEDA promoting the export of the scheduled products and thus the concerned authority of APEDA needs to implement the rules and guidelines framed by the central government.
APEDA has its presence in almost all agriculture rich states of India and has been providing service from his Head office (HO) which is located in New Delhi. So how do you register an APEDA? Take care to choose a distinctive mark, file a thorough application.
What are the functions of APEDA?
- Development of agriculture related Industries.
- Registration: Export registration on payment of required fees.
- Carrying out inspection.
- Timely inspection of meat and related products in slaughter houses.
- Setting quality standards of the product for exports.
- Training & development of industrial personnel.
- To improve packaging and marketing of scheduled products.
How to Register for APEDA in India?
- Go to APEDA registration website (https://apeda.gov.in/apedawebsite/).
- Tap on “Register as member” icon.
- Fill the basic details IE Code, name of the company, Email ID & contact no.
- An OTP will be send to your Email ID & registered number; the exporter need to first verify both of them separately.
- Once verification is done, the exporter will be required to fill the application form and upload the necessary documents.
- Application number is generated once the payment is made.
- Exporter can view the status of the application by clicking “Track Application” icon.
As seen in the above, the APEDA registration process does not require much effort, but one which is nonetheless very important for brand name registration. You can get in touch with any Chartered Accountants near Jalandhar, and will have a discussion.