I’ve been asked typically how human beings can lock down their fb account and make it non-public. Why? No longer everybody wants to be on FB, but they need to be involved in businesses or perhaps hold tabs with what circle of relatives individuals or pals are as much as. To get more information about your facebook account private you can click on Facebook support number.
Because of the early days, facebook has come a protracted way in terms of privateness and security. They clearly do deliver us so much control over our records and privacy. A few would possibly say, they give too much manipulate – because it finally ends up being far too complicated for most people to discern out.
So, that’s how I came to write this newsletter. It is written for folks who don’t actually need to be on facebook, but…
- Manipulate a fb web page or group
- Be concerned with a collection or network on fb
- Comply with the posts of certain pals or own family participants
It’s also for people who are just paranoid approximately fb, however, they still, want to use it.
As for me, I love facebook, however, I understand the worries. I’ve no longer locked down my fb account everywhere near as a great deal as what I’m suggesting in this text. However, I need to make it clean for you if you do.
In case you don’t have a facebook account…
- Go to facebook. Sign up for an account. If in any respect possible, use a private e-mail deal with which you don’t use some other place.
- We’ll make sure facebook doesn’t permit people to find you via your e-mail address, however, it’s exceptional to be at the secure side confirm your electronic mail deal with. If you used a Gmail deal with, it’ll ask you to connect to Gmail.
- When you verify your email cope with you may pass on. Click on the good enough…
- The Facebook phone number will ask you in case you want to feature a few friends. Simply ignore and click on “subsequent”:
If you have already got a Facebook account, you could start right here…
- If you in no way intend to submit to facebook, then it is a great idea to fasten down your future posts. That way, in case you accidentally submit something, no person will ever see them. You do this with the aid of changing the privateness settings for all destiny posts to “only me”.
- To do this, click on “edit” to the right of “Who can see your destiny posts?”.
- Then click the blue button (which in all likelihood will say “friends”) and select “best Me”. You can need to click on “extra” at the lowest to look at this selection:
- In case you’ve already posted to fb in the past, you have got the option to alternate the privacy settings for all of those. Please word, that is a “nuclear” alternative and will exchange all of your preceding posts in one cross. The handiest manner to reverse this is by means of going through each submit separately.
- In case you need, you may select this selection to hide all of your previous posts in order that most effective your connections see them (i.E. No longer public or “buddies of pals”). Unfortunately, this gained’t trade the privacy settings for preceding posts to “handiest me”.
- You can’t absolutely prevent being despatched friend requests, but you could trade the setting in order that the simplest “buddies of pals” can ship you a request. If you don’t have any facebook pals, then effectively this may stop you from being despatched friend requests.
- Click on “edit” via “Who can touch me?” and change to “friends of friends”:
Timeline & Tagging
- You could need to govern whether or not or no longer human beings can post in your timeline and whether or not you need to be tagged in a post. To be private, you’ll need to exchange all of these off.
- Click on the “Timeline and Tagging” in the left menu:
Different Timeline settings
- It’s now a very good concept, to go through the subsequent settings and lock them down.
- Who can see matters on my timeline:
- “Who can see posts you have been tagged in for your Timeline?” – alternate to “handiest me”
- “Who can see what others submit to the your Timeline?” – change to “only me”
- How can I control tags people add and then tagging recommendations?
- “assessment tags people upload in your very own posts earlier than the tags appear on Facebook?” – change to “enabled”
- “When you’re tagged in publishing, who do you want to add to the audience if they aren’t already in it?” – change to “best me”
- “Who sees tag recommendations while pics that appear to be you’re uploaded?” – change to “most effective me”
As I’m certain you’re aware, Facebook makes its cash from advertising to us. I personally don’t thoughts commercials if they’re relevant to me. However, from a privateness point of view, you may want to lock down the settings in order that facebook won’t sing you a lot and tailor the advertisements to you.
To try this, click on “advertisements” on the left menu:
To lock things down as a great deal as feasible, exchange the subsequent settings:
“Are you able to see online interest-based ads from fb?” – change to “No”
“Can your fb ad alternatives be used to show you commercials on apps and websites off of the fb organizations?” – exchange to “No”.
“Who can see your social movements paired with ads?” – alternate to “No”
Different information to exchange
- Here is a list of details in your profile you can need to alternate:
- Paintings and education
- Locations you’ve lived
- Electronic mail
- Cell phone
- Date of beginning
If in doubt, just don’t add the information. If fb doesn’t know your details, no one else can.
Buddies By means of default, all and sundry can see who your pals with. To change this, click on “buddies” for your profile, then click on at the edit button (The pencil icon on the pinnacle right), click on “edit privacy”. You could then alternate “who can see your buddy listing?” and “who can see the human beings you follow?” to “handiest Me”. Then click on “finished”.
Must Read: 20+ Wonderful Things About Facebook
4 Replies to “How to Make Your Facebook Account Private”
I was just looking for this information for a while. After six hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your web site. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this kind of informative web sites in top of the list. Usually the top websites are full of garbage.
Your home is valueble for me. Thanks!…
I like this website very much so much wonderful info .
Fantastic web site. Lots of helpful information here. I am sending it to several buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your sweat!
Comments are closed.