Data recovery from a damaged SSD drive is not an easy task. Further, the possibility of data recovery from a damaged SSD depends on how the drive had damaged physical and logical. In this post, you will learn about the reasons behind SSD data damaged and steps to recover data from a damaged SSD drive. The main common reasons behind data loss are mentioned below:-
- Malware or virus infection
- Improper SSD drive Usage
- Unsafe drive removal
- Abrupt or force shut-down
- Damaged System Files
While there is not any simple way to recover data from a damaged SSD drive due to physical and logical damage, users can recover data from a logical damage SSD with the help of a reliable trustworthy software named is SysTools SSD Recovery Software. If your SSD drive has physical damage then go to the data recovery center and you have to check your SSD through technicians.
Do Not Format or Attempt Repair
A logically damaged SSD that twists RAW or unaccessible can be fixed by formatting. But it can result in permanent data loss situations beyond the scope of data recovery.
Thus, it’s suggested that users should never format a corrupt solid-state drive, even if Windows prompts you to format the drive
Also, do not try to repair a logically failed Solid State Drive by using Windows or third-party disk management tool.
Assign A Drive Letter
If the SSD volume isn’t visible in File Explorer, assign a drive letter via the Disk Management tool. The steps are as follow,
- Attach the solid-state drive to a Windows computer. Use SATA connector or SATA to USB converter
- Open the Disk Management tool
- Right-hit on the SSD volume and select ‘Change Drive Letter and Paths…’
- Click ‘Add’ and then ‘OK’.
- You may see the following prompt after assigning a drive letter, hit ‘Cancel.’
NOTE: In case the Solid State Drive isn’t visible in the Disk Management tool, check the connecting cables, connectors, and SSD for any physical or electronic damage. Reach out to a file recovery expert if the disk is not detected and you search any physical or electronic damage.
How To Recover Data From A Damaged SSD Drive With SysTools SSD Recovery
To perform SSD Recovery Software users can recover their deleted, corrupted, and formatted data from a solid-state drive. The tool has the ability to recover all types of data like photos, videos, audio’s, personal and professional documents, etc. The tool supports various languages. It gives formatted SSD data recovery from exFAT, FAT & NTFS systems. Solid-state drive tool perform recovery from m.2 and NVMe type SSD disk drive. It can easily detect any connected portable SSD drive with the refresh option. Anyone can perform this software whether he/she technical or non-technical background
Steps To Recover Data From A Damaged SSD Drive
Now we will discuss the working process of the application all are given below please follow these steps and recover data from failed SSD drive:
- Download and launch SSD Recovery Software on Windows System.
- Select the drive and click on the Scan option to recover data from a damaged SSD drive.
- The software will display all files and folders including the deleted files in red color
- Select the files you wish to restore and hit on Save.
Beneficial Features to Recover Data from A Damaged SSD
- It recover all file types like OST, PST, HTML, PPT, PPTX and DOC, DOCX etc.
- It Recover deleted, corrupted and formatted data from SSD drive
- Tool can recover unlimited data files from SSD
- Software supports to recovery from GPT and MBR file formats
- It can recovers data from any version of Windows.
Almost every single user prominently prefer SSD drive due to its enhanced functionalities and movability. Though, you can store thousands of files such as photos, videos, music, word files, etc., in it. However, those files which are saved on a solid-state drive is prone to damage. Furthermore, once the data file is being damaged so, it becomes difficult to restore them. Thus, in this write up, we highlight the perfect approaches to resolve how to recover data from a damaged SSD drive. Mainly, we have covered the professional SSD Recovery Software to do the same. You can try this and recover data from a failed SSD drive.