If you are worried about how to buy the HDMI cable, then you don’t need to worry. Here is your complete guide that will help you to make the right decision. The High Definition Multimedia Interface or HDMI is a connection for both the video and audio between two HD types of equipment where one set is the sender and the other one is the receiver. This cable is a great way to establish the connection between devices like a Blu-ray player, HD box, PVR, gaming console, and HD television.
Before the arrival of the HDMI cables, it was not possible to enjoy the full high definition picture and audio quality on television. This cable has made it possible to have the ultimate experience.
Though small and medium budget HD tv has a limited number of HDMI ports, the large screen HD TVs have three to five HD sockets. For that, if you have a large screen TV, then you need more HDMI cables to connect with different devices like blu-ray, set-top box, gaming console, etc.
Things you Should Know Before Buying the HDMI Cable:
There are many manufacturers who will convince you to buy the most expensive HDMI cable that has fancy-sounding features. The cost of those cables is no less than the blu-ray player itself. However, for regular use, you can easily settle for a cheap 8K HDMI 2.1 Cable.
It has been seen that the cheap leads of the cable can perform almost the same with the expensive ones. So, if you are not a professional editor or graphic developer, you can easily go for the inexpensive one and save some bucks. The picture and sound quality you will get has no discernible difference in both the cables.
Know here the features of HDMI Cable:
- HDMI ARC: HDMI Audio Return Channel or ARC is a great way to connect with your home theatre, AV receiver, and even with soundbar. With the help of only this cable, you can send audio from TV to the soundbar. However, in case, your TV does not support multichannel audio, then it may not compatible with it.
- HDMI CEC: This Consumer Electronics Control or CEC is an often underused high speed hdmi cable feature that helps you to control multiple devices that are enabled with CEC like TV, DVD player and set-top box. Moreover, you can control all the CEC enabled devices from one remote control.
- MHL Cables: Through the Mobile High Definition Link or MHL, you can connect your smartphone or tablet with your TV. It will help you to share all the contents of the phone like videos and pictures broadcast on the large screen.
- HDMI 1.4: Nowadays, most of the TV has standard HDMI 1.4 port which is compatible with Blu-ray player and 3D blu-ray player. Though you can use the HDMI 1.3, you have to compromise with the picture quality then.
- HDMI 2.0: The Ultra High Definition TV has a new age HDMI 2.0 port that includes different improvements like supporting UHD Resolution in 4K at 60FHz. It is the ultimate choice for gamers as well.