Learn how can a user export mailbox from Lotus Notes to Outlook program. NSF to PST Converter software will create UNICODE PST file supportable to import NSF file into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 etc. This article will list all the important things that are required to perform conversion.
Requirements for NSF to PST Converter: –
There are large number of requests that had been made by the users regarding Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion on various forums & platforms. No one doubts that Lotus Notes is one of the most secured email client programs available till date due to its different level of Encryption. We know that Lotus Notes comes up with its Server connectivity also known as Domino Server. The propriety File format for Lotus Notes are NSF, DXL, EML used to store email formation.
A Quick Introduction regarding Lotus Notes File Storage Formats:
NSF: NSF or Notes Storage Facility, is one of the main file formats used to store IBM Notes database information in an encrypted mode. NSF is developed by IBM organization & encoded in Binary format. It is used to store Lotus Notes database information including design information, email information, appointments, Calendar Entries or even Address Book details. E.g. Mailbox.nsf, Names.nsf, Bookmark.nsf, Busytime.nsf, Headline.nsf, Internet.nsf, Perweb.nsf
DXL: DXL or Domino XML File, can also be known as a Domino Server Database file used by Lotus Notes / IBM Notes or even HCL Notes. All of the information stored in DXL File is stored in XML formatting. It is mainly obtained whenever a user used LotusScript to Export any message information. It can also store information like Lotus Domino files, Schemas, Design Elements, Views, Forms, or even Documents used to perform Export process.
Apart from it, users can also drag & drop their Lotus Notes emails directly from application panel to Windows Explorer. In that case, users will obtain EML files having information of that same message.
How do I Convert Lotus Notes NSF to PST File?
This can be done in so much easy manner that any non-technical user can also perform conversion. One only needed to get SysTools Export Notes software from the trusted source. It is a completely secured application allowing users to create UNICODE PST file supportable to import into all latest versions of Microsoft Outlook i.e. Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc. for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS editions. The overall working of this amazing Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter software is very easy & simplified. Just follow these simple steps to learn about the whole process in easy steps:
- Launch NSF to PST Converter & Select Lotus Notes (*.nsf) File as well as Names.nsf file also.
- It will ask the users to setup other options like Migrate Contacts into separate *.pst file. By default, all items will go into the same Outlook PST file.
- The software is also capable to Export Selected Folder I.e. Inbox, Drafts, Deleted Items etc.
- One of the most important feature of Export Notes software is that it provides option to Map CN Values with SMTP Address according to the Selected Names.nsf file.
- Once you Setup all options on your first screen, click on Next button.
- In the Next window of SysTools Export Notes Wizard, it will ask the users to apply Filters & select Categories of data for conversion.
- Apply Filters on the basis of Date Range (only in case of Mails, Calendars, Tasks, Journals) while Exclude Duplicate Contacts on the basis of 12+ labels.
- Users can also apply Advanced Settings while performing conversion like HTML Formatting, Internet Headers, Remove Encryption, All Documents, Doclink, Set SMTP Values for Email Translation, as well as Custom Folder Mapping.
- One can also Split the Outlook Data File after MBs, or GBs to easily manage them after conversion.
- Click on Export button which will initialize the NSF to PST conversion process. Once Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration process finished successfully, it will generate a Report having all details like Mails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Journals, Size, or Duration.
When the user opens the destination folder, there are Outlook PST File (single or multiple, according to requirement). Import the obtained PST file into any edition of Microsoft Outlook to complete the Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration process.
Some Highlighted Features of Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration Toolkit:
There are large number of benefits that are obtained from this NSF to PST Converter software. Some of them are listed below:
- Convert NSF to PST with all data: emails, calendars, tasks, notes, magazines, Names.nsf contacs
- Exports Selective folder or mailbox items by IBM Notes
- Migrate Contacts to a separate PST file (by default, it is in the same PST)
- Keep the Internet header, HTML format and Doclink formatting of NSF files.
- Provide the possibility to Translate the Canonical Name in SMTP format
- Convert NSF Encrypted emails with NSF files to PST Converter
- Exclude Duplicate Contacts based on 12 different attributes
- Support for Mapping CN values from the Names.nsf file
- Apply Filter option to export selected data from NSF mailbox
- Lotus Notes 10.0, 9.0, 8.0, 8.5, 7, 6 and earlier Supported by the tool
- Installation of Outlook and Lotus Notes is required to export NSF emails to PST
- Lotus Notes should not be connected to the Lotus Domino server
The Verge: In this article we get to know about how can a user export mailbox from Lotus Notes NSF File to Outlook PST file format. It is one of the easiest solution available in present time to perform NSF to Outlook migration.