Home maintenance is definitely long-term investment. But to ensure that your investment gets valued you have to keep the plumbing system perfect and properly functioning. So, it is inevitably important to know the basic tips to maintain the piping system of your home.
Some basic yet vital tips have been summed up here for the reference of the homeowner. Just go through them once.
Crucial Plumbing Tips: Learn the basics
Basic tips are the integral one for taking proper maintenance and care of everything. Piping system is not exceptional to this! It will prevent you from any major breakdown that urgently needs the service from any local plumbers near you.
Switch off the Hot Water Heater
Nowadays, most houses have electric or gas water heater and the major damage can cause by its leakage. Hence, during switching off the water heater, ensure to put the central knob to “pilot” from “on”.
After turning off, you have to drain the entire water out from its unit. It can be performed easily by cutting off the supply of cold water and let the faucet to drain down the hot water completely.
Cut off the supply of water
If you find any minor leaks in the pipes, then you must address it immediately. Thus, it is most crucial for you to know the way to shut off the water supply. You can learn to cut off the supply to the entire home or to the specific fixture. Whenever talking about specific fixture, you can find a valve underneath or behind the fixture for cutting off the supply.
Otherwise you can turn off the primary valve to resist the water supply of the entire house and call the professional and reliable local Plumbers in London to fix the issue. Suppose you cannot find out the valve, shutting off the water meter resists the water supply. To turn the meter off, you just need a meter key.
Call the professional plumber
Numerous plumbing tasks can be performed by the homeowner with the assistance of DIY fixes. Homeowners prefer this solution because it can be performed hassle-freely. Before attempting to account any issue you must know which one is safe to perform and which is not!
Resist the running toilet, fixing of the leaky faucets are some of the basic piping problems which can be accounted by you in your home. But you must require a professional plumbing service to address the complicated issues in the piping system.
At a glance…..
Usual piping issues experienced by most homeowners are;
- Dripping Faucets: Deterioration of the rubber washer in the faucet of the sink can result in dripping. At that time, it is necessary to replace the washer.
- Clogged Shower Head: Calcium or lime buildup in the shower head can decline the flow of water. Unclogging the head with special cleanser retains the flow of water again.
- Leaking Pipes: Leaks are the most common issue emerge due to a number of factors. Loose tightening is the prime cause which can be fixed by tightening the fittings. Other causes require the service of professional to get fixed.
- Kitchen Sink Backup: If the sink drain gets clogged, plunging equipment can assist you to unclog it to maintain the drainage flow. Avoid using chemical for unclogging as it can cause damage to the drainage pipes.
- Running Toilet: When flapper doesn’t perform excellently, it can lead to running toilet. In such case you must change the flapper to retain the normal condition of the toilet.
Every homeowner must be aware of the said plumbing problems so that it can be properly maintained. Routine maintenance and regular inspection of the system will keep you far away from experiencing any such piping problems.