All women, even men, regardless of age and ethnicity, want a fair, even, radiant and clear skin, but challenges like dark spots, hyperpigmentation and sun damage create blotchiness on the skin, thereby making the skin uneven and dry. Skin lightening face cream can be very effective in reducing melanin pigment in the skin, thereby lightening the dark skin to reveal a fair and radiant skin underneath. However, most of these creams contain chemicals and bleaches that cause damage to your skin in the long run. This is where organic face creams enter the scene. With the use of organic and natural ingredients, these creams help you achieve a lighter skin without the risk of any damage. Let’s see how they work.
How to Skin Lightening Creams Work?
Your skin color is often determined by the amount of melanin produced by your melanocytes, your genetic makeup, the extent of skin damage, your daily sunlight exposure, your hormonal balance, and your age. Certain factors like sun damage resolve themselves on their own over time, but liver spots and age spots caused by prolonged discolorations become permanent. Skin lightening is a cosmetic process in which prominent skin discolorations are reduced and the skin color is evened out. Most of these creams are available over the counter, and you do not need to take any prescription to get them. Depending on the ingredients in the cream, it works to make your skin lighter and brighter.
Some of the common ingredients that are found to be most effective in skin lightening include:
- Glutathione: This is a natural antioxidant that lightens the color of melanin in your skin and deactivates tyrosinase, an enzyme responsible for the production of melanin.
- Kojic Acid: This is another ingredient that is highly effective in lightening age spots, sun damage and scars. It contains anti-microbial properties that not only lighten the skin but also give it anti-aging effects.
- Hyaluronic Acid: This acid penetrates the skin and provides moisture to the skin cells. As a result, it rejuvenates water levels in the skin and makes it glowing and radiant.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin has natural skin brightening properties that can renew and regenerate cells and speed up the process of skin lightening.
- Green Tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants that play a great role in promoting skin complexion. It also removes toxins from your body, thus resulting in whiter and brighter skin.
If you are looking for a skin lightening cream for face, look for the one that has at least some of these ingredients. All of these are harmless products that rejuvenate and brighten your skin while making it fair and glowing. The best thing is that they do not have any side effects, and do not damage your skin in the long run, unlike most other chemical-based and bleach-based skin lightening products.